Kindness: If you are giving back you’ve already taken too much.
- I’m looking at those billionaires who hoard wealth their whole lives to‘philanthropically’ give it away with their impending deaths to appease their consciousness.
Resources: Time is your most valuable resource, there are no refunds or second chances for the time you waste.
Experiences: Spending the 6 months prior to your death completing yourbucket list is no way to live as everything you do will be done with a tinge or sadness and regret. Live your life as if you are terminal, you are, and do the things you want without a reason for doing so. Create memories and experience living or your time will expire.
Spend time doing the things you love with the people you care about most.You don’t get extra marks for putting up with people you dislike
Ideas: Just because you think its a good idea, doesn’t mean it is a good idea…
Words: Think before you speak. Words have the power to cause irreparable harm, always choose them carefully.
Actions: Think before you act. You can take a second to do something you haven’t properly considered, that isn’t a true reflection of your character, and it can undo a lifetime of kindness and generosity.
Alcohol: Alcohol impairs judgement and you don’t need it to have a good time. If you do it’s time to question the choices you are making.
Parental Advice: Your parents were more right about the things they said growing up than you will ever care to admit:
- School really were the best days of your life.
- If you worked hard at school you are reaping the benefits now.
- Choose your friends carefully, you are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with.
- Always give your best at everything you do, people are always watching.
- Always treat people the way you want to be treated and you’ll receive respect from almost everyone you meet.
- Everyone is simultaneously different and the same. Regardless of someone’s race, culture, gender and sexual orientation, everyone is equal.